The authors of Real Food Keto share why they decided it was necessary to write a book about a healthy approach to keto.
Many foods fit into the ketogenic profile but they are not always the healthiest option. Eating processed meat may keep you in ketosis but what nutrients are you feeding your body? Drew’s guests today, Jimmy and Christine Moore stress the importance of using real food as part of a ketogenic diet for true health. The couple also share the support they offered each other when only Jimmy decided he was shifting his eating habits, why Christine didn’t jump on board because she had always been thin, and some startling facts about how unhealthy most modern humans are.
[5:29] How couples can support each other during the transition to a nutritional-based diet, like Real Food Keto.
[9:51] Since she was a child, Christine’s health degraded year-over-year until she adopted a keto lifestyle.
[18:23] Critical gaps in nutritional information led Jimmy and Christine to write Real Food Keto.
- Dry Farm Wines — You can have alcohol on the ketogenic diet. Use this link for a bottle of wine for $.01 with any order
- Complete Wellness Supplements — Shop Drew’s hand-formulated, pre-workout greens, Keto Boost with cordyceps and beetroot powder and BHB to raise your blood ketone levels.
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Livin’ the Vida Low Carb
- Rebooting Your Nutrition
- Real Food Keto: Applying Nutritional Therapy to Your Low-Carb, High-Fat Diet by Jimmy & Christine Moore
- The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living, by Stephen D. Phinney and Jeff S. Volek
- Take the Fit2Fat2Fit Podcast Listener Survey
- Fit2Fat2Fit on Facebook
- Fit2Fat2Fit Book
- Drew on Social Media: @fit2fat2fit
- Email Drew: [email protected]