The Founder of Rythmia Life Advancement Center in Costa Rica shares his story.
Early childhood experiences can be hidden in the deepest places of our subconscious minds. Many people spend years and thousands of dollars on traditional talk therapy to get to the root of their issues. Drew’s guest, Gerry Powell took a different route. After collecting extreme material wealth and ruining his personal relationships, Gerry ingested the plant-based, root medicine, iboga, which transformed his life. In this episode, Gerry shares his struggle to cope with life before his plant-based transformation, the conversation with the moon that introduced him to his soul and gave him a new direction, and how ayahuasca and breathe work are at the core of programs at Rythmia.
[5:30] Gerry shares his story of empty success, addiction, hitting rock bottom, and the purpose of unhappiness.
[13:06] In Gerry’s book, Shit the Moon Said, he shares how he got to the root of his problems through a root.
[18:12] What makes the root therapy different than traditional talk therapies and seminars?
[22:30] Vibrational changes helped Gerry to mend relationships in his life, save for one.
[28:21] Gerry started Rythmia in Costa Rica when the moon told him not to open a chain of strip clubs.
[31:41] How religious traditions integrate into the plant medicine experience.
[38:59] Does everyone experience a miracle after ingesting ayahuasca?
- Complete Wellness Supplements — Shop for Drew’s Hand-formulated, Pre-workout Greens, Apple Cider Vinegar in Pill Form, and now Keto Boost with Cordyceps and Beet Root Powder
- Dry Farm Wines — Use this link for a bottle of wine for $.01 with any order
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Rythmia on Facebook
- Gerard Powell on Facebook
- Shit the Moon Said by Gerard Powell
- Listen to Episode 166: Drew Does Ayahuasca
- Take the Fit2Fat2Fit Podcast Listener Survey
- Fit2Fat2Fit on Facebook
- Fit2Fat2Fit Book
- Drew on Social Media: @fit2fat2fit
- Email Drew: [email protected]
- @CompleteWellness on Facebook
What We Learned
- Gerry grew up in Pennsylvania with a pretty rough childhood. He was kicked out of several schools and wound up in jail. By his 20’s and 30’s he was successful and sold his first company at 40 but his personal life was a wreck.
- By his 40’s Gerry was addicted to alcohol, Demerol, Cocaine and sex. He tried to commit suicide several times. The last time he did, he had 7 million in the bank. He had everything, yet nothing. His breaking point came when his son walked in on him shooting Demerol. He knew he had to change.
- After spending 5 years and over $700,000 in therapy and still being suicidal, he went to Costa Rica and during his experience with plant medicine, he went to the moon. The moon was typing out answers to his questions. Through this he spoke to his soul that told him how messed up he was and took him back in time to show him that he had been molested as a young child. The next day he couldn’t drink or smoke. He didn’t want drugs and he didn’t want to fight, but he was struggling with all the feelings he was experiencing.
- After getting clean and working through his struggles and reemerging following his plant medicine experience, Gerry was able to not only mend his relationship with both his sons, but they have grown even closer.
- Gerry originally had plans to open another string of businesses, but after his journey with plant medicine, he states the moon spoke to him and told him that he was not to do that but he was to open Rythmia and to help others merge with their souls and heal their hearts.
- Gerry states that Rythmia is important to him so people can have a safe place to go to experience plant medicine and feel comfortable. He felt it was important for people with religious backgrounds to hear about and understand the connection between plant medicine and God. That is explained at Rythmia.
How To Take Action
- If you struggle with addiction, depression, anxiety or just struggling to find your place in life and don’t feel like you fit in, you could benefit from plant medicine. Consider learning more about Rythmia and visiting.
- Meditation is a great way to work through struggles as well and connect on a deeper level with yourself.
- Consider learning more about breathwork and how it can help you. Many people have a deeper experience with breathwork than with plant medicine.
- Learn more about plant medicine by reading all you can. Read “Sh*t The Moon Said” and watch the documentary “The Reality of Truth”.