How gut bacteria feed on simple carbs to create excessive gas.
Have you ever wondered why some foods leave you feeling bloated and gassy? In this episode, Drew asks guest gut health expert, Dr. Norm Robillard, Ph.D. to break down the digestive process and share the important role of bacteria in our bodies. Dr. Robillard spent most of his career researching microbiology for biotech firms. When he began experiencing constant heartburn and acid reflux issues, he turned to a low-carb, keto diet which eliminated his digestive troubles. He has since written several books and founded the Digestive Health Institute and the Fast Tract Diet to help others who suffer from digestive issues.
Join Drew on the Second Annual Fit2Fat2Fit Cruise in October 2018! A 7-day cruise that includes nutritional seminars, workouts, health coaches and keto-friendly meals.
[6:53] Dr. Norm’s personal health journey led him to study the effect of carbohydrates on digestion.
[14:14] Do common medications put a band-aid on digestive ailments?
[19:15] The Fast Tract Diet, SIBO, and dysbiosis.
[34:54] Is one sugar alcohol safer to consume than others?
[40:29] How to test for excessive gases in the gut.
[51:15] Are supplements beneficial in combating acid reflux?
- Complete Wellness Supplements — Shop for Drew’s hand-formulated powdered greens, probiotics, and MCT Oil Powder
- Dry Farm Wines — Use this link for a bottle of wine for $.01 with any order
- Dollar Workout Club
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Digestive Health Institute
- Fast Tract Diet on Facebook
- Books by Dr. Norm Robillard
- Wired to Eat by Robb Wolf
- Fit2Fat2Fit on A&E
- Fit2Fat2Fit on Facebook
- Fit2Fat2Fit Book
- Drew on Social Media: @fit2fat2fit
- Email Drew: [email protected]
For a full transcript of this podcast, click here.