This weekend, many will celebrate Cinco de Mayo and pretty soon you’ll be invited to those outdoor spring BBQs. Who doesn’t love that?
Just like any season, there are food temptations to throw you off course, but I know you’re strong and can achieve your goals AND have fun at the same time!
Tips to consider:
- Eat beforehand to avoid temptation
- Bring dishes you know you can enjoy
- Share your health goals with your friends and family
- For Cinco de Mayo, skip on the beans, rice, and tortillas. Then max out on the healthy fats: sour cream, cheese, and guacamole!
Ole! Cheers to that!
Also, for your consideration, I’m sharing with you this Free Spring Cookbook of delicious recipes that you can enjoy with the whole family! Inside you’ll find 15 Low-Calorie and 15 Keto-Friendly recipes. Visit here to download: healthyspringeats.com
From my kitchen to yours…. ENJOY!
Zucchini Pesto Salad
- 3 ounces grilled chicken breast, cubed
- 5 ounces zucchini, spiralized (zoodles)
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- In a medium skillet over medium high heat drizzle olive oil and sauté minced garlic until fragrant. Add zoodles and continue to sauté until bright green and just soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add chicken breast and pesto. Toss until well coated. Sprinkle with walnuts and enjoy immediately.
Makes 1 serving
Nutrition information: 496 calories, 39 g. fat, 9 g. carbs, 26 g. Protein
Strawberry Lemon Cheesecake
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup stevia
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- For topping:
- 1 cup strawberry halves
- ¼ cup powdered monk fruit sweetener (or 1 cup xylitol blended in blender until powder consistency)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin tin with silicone liners
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese until smooth then add remaining ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into muffin tin, filling cavities until just over half full. Bake in preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes. Middles will still be jiggly.
- Cool to room temperature. Once cooled move to refrigerator to chill for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile mash strawberries with a fork to desired consistency. Add powdered sweetener and lemon juice, mix until well combined.
- Top cheesecakes with strawberry mixture, dividing equally. Enjoy!
Makes 12 cheesecakes, 1 cheesecake with topping per serving
Nutrition information: 151 calories, 13 g. fat, 3 g. carbs, 4 g. protein