EP116: What Makes a Successful Personal Trainer?
There is more to helping others make a lifestyle change than knowing how to do a squat properly.
The fitness industry has had, for the most part, a military-type, physically-based, just-follow-the-instructions kind of mentality but as my guest, Nick Olsen points out clients must also have their emotional and mental needs addressed before they can make a permanent change. Nick is a personal trainer and a certified life and business coach. He attributes his success to being able to help people at an emotional level and his business savvy.
In his new book and e-course, The Road to Success as a Personal Trainer, Nick helps personal trainers create a successful business through a client-focused business model.
Check out Drew’s simple, 60-day Jump Start to Keto program it includes meal plans, workouts and more. If you like this podcast subscribe & review it on iTunes | Stitcher. Don’t miss Season 2 of the Fit2Fat2Fit show on Lifetime starting in January 2018!
- [06:19] Nick came from an unhealthy family environment.
- [10:50] Helping facilitate change in people’s lives is what Nick is passionate about.
- [14:56] Many Personal Trainers are set up to fail because they focus solely on the physical.
- [19:23] Nick’s e-course includes the mental and emotional side of fitness and goal setting.
- [30:30] What makes a successful personal trainer?
- [38:08] Don’t compromise what is important to you for money. #successredefined
- keto FRIDGE — Use the discount code Fit2Fat2Fit for 20% off your order
- Dry Farm Wines — Use this link for a bottle of wine for $.01 with any order
- Hylete — Use the code ‘Fit2Fat2Fit’ for 40% off
- Dollar Workout Club
Mentioned in This Episode: