EP115: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Fasting
How to use fasting to lower Type 2 Diabetes and obesity risks.
Fasting is a term which is on the cover of just about every fitness magazine these days, but the corresponding article offers very little information about what fasting really is and what the benefits are. Drew believes facts are better than fluff so he reached out to the world’s leading fasting expert and author of The Complete Guide to Fasting, Dr. Jason Fung. Dr. Fung works with patients who have type 2 diabetes and obesity-related issues. During this episode, Dr. Fung shares the history of fasting, how to make fasting a part of a healthy lifestyle and some facts and figures commonly omitted by the fitness industry.
- [04:24] Fasting has always been part of the human experience.
- [11:55] It’s the hormones, not the calories that add weight.
- [17:18] What happens to the body during fasting?
- [19:31] Emerging trends in wellness.
- [27:35] Common protocols of fasting.
- [35:59] How to personalize your own fasting program.
- [43:50] How much weight can you lose during a fast?
- keto FRIDGE — Use the discount code Fit2Fat2Fit for 20% off your order
- Dry Farm Wines — Use this link for a bottle of wine for $.01 with any order
- Hylete — Use the code ‘Fit2Fat2Fit’ for 40% off
- Dollar Workout Club
Mentioned in This Episode:
- IDM Program – Intensive Dietary Management
- @DrJasonFung on Twitter
- The Obesity Code: Unlocking the Secrets of Weight Loss
- The Complete Guide to Fasting: Heal Your Body Through Intermittent, Alternate Day, and Extended Fasting
- Healthy 21 – Drew’s 21-day fasting program
- Fit2Fat2Fit on A&E
- Fit2Fat2Fit on Facebook
- Fit2Fat2Fit Book
- Drew on Social Media: @fit2fat2fit
- Email Drew: [email protected]