EP112: Embracing the Power of Humor and Feeling Your Feelings
As a coping mechanism, comedy is pretty darn effective.
Have you ever made a joke to diffuse a stressful situation? Humor is a powerful tool that can be used to provide relief, both physically and emotionally. Drew’s guest, JP Sears honed his comedy skills as a child and now uses his gift to help people find their own humor as a Certified Holistic Spiritual and Emotional Coach. During his 16 years of coaching, he has developed a blend of humor, meditation and reflection to help heal those who reach to him.
If you have ever seen a JP Sears video you may not believe he has a serious, spiritual side. But as he demonstrates during this agreeable interview, he does.
- [06:17] Death threats led JP to delete a video from social media.
- [09:32] JP used comedy as a way to gain security during an unstable upbringing.
- [21:08] Success without fulfillment is the ultimate failure.
- [23:42] Where do the creative ideas for JP’s videos come from?
- [32:07] JP’s emotional and spiritual coaching includes mediation and the three F’s.
- [43:09] JP employs Paleo and intermittent fasting for his nutritional needs.
- [46:33] What it’s like to be in an acceptance-based relationship.
- [51:20] JP’s workout is a non-structured, functional fitness routine.
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Awaken with JP
- How to Be Ultra Spiritual
- @awakenwithJP on Facebook
- Fit2Fat2Fit on A&E
- Fit2Fat2Fit on Facebook
- Fit2Fat2Fit Book
- Drew on Social Media: @fit2fat2fit
- Email Drew: [email protected]